Grizzly Bear are strong and top predators. Being omnivores, major part of their diet includes fruits, nuts, leaves, roots and berries. Though they are huge in size, yet they can run 30 miles an hour. Knowing all this you might wonder how tall is a grizzly bear. As Grizzly bears can also stand on their hind legs, their height in that position can be very high. We have gathered complete information about the Grizzly Bear Height, which will give you a clear idea about its height in both positions i.e. when it is on its four legs or when it is standing on its hind legs. We have also compared its height with man and other bears so that you can know where it stands in height.
How Tall Is A Grizzly Bear
- Just like other bears, the male grizzly bears are taller than female grizzly bears.
- Usually the height of an animal is the shoulder height when it is standing on its four legs.
- Grizzly bears like other bears can also stand on its hind legs and their height in this position can reach up to 10 feet.
How Tall Is A Grizzly Bear On All Fours – Average Grizzly Bear Height
- The average height of the grizzly bear from the ground when it is standing on all of its four legs is 102 cm which is equal to 3.35 feet.
- For a fairly large size bears, the height can reach up to 1.5 metres which is equal to 4.9 feet at the shoulder.
How Tall Is A Grizzly Bear Standing Up – How Tall Is A Grizzly Bear On Its Hind Legs
- The grizzly bear height when it is standing on its hind legs like a person is about:
- Adult Male Grizzly Bear Height: 2.44 metres which is 8 feet tall.
- For a fairly large size bear the height can reach up to 3 metres which is 9.8 feet tall.
World Record Grizzly Bear Height – Tallest Grizzly Bear Ever Recorded
One of the tallest grizzly bear ever recorded in captivity was called Goliath. It that lived at Space Farms Zoo and Museum – Sussex, NJ between 1967 and 1991. It was twelve feet long and weigh a short ton.
Learn more: Grizzly Bear Facts.
Grizzly Bear Height Compared To A Human and Other Bears