When it comes to size, Polar Bears are one of the biggest land carnivores. When we ask how big an animal is we want to ascertain how much volume or space does it occupy. In case of animals we can ascertain its size by its length, height, width and weight. We have already have posts on “Polar Bear Height” and “Polar Bear Weight“, now we need to combine the information in the above mentioned posts and ascertain the size of a polar bear. We have gathered complete information on “Polar Bear Size” which will give you a clear picture on How Big is a Polar Bear. Do not forget to like, tweet and share this posts after reading it.
How Big is a Polar Bear
- Polar bear is a very big animal. By very big it means really big. As compared to humans it is huge.
- The male polar bear is bigger than the female polar bear.
- We can accurately ascertain the size of both the male and female polar bear through the following measurements.
How Big is a Male Polar Bear- Male Polar Bear Size
Male Polar Bear Weight
- Normal weight range of an adult polar bear is from 750 to 1450 lbs i.e. 340 to 658 kg.
- The average weight of a polar bear ranges from 849 to 904 lbs i.e. 385 to 410 kg.
- Polar bears found in Beaufort Sea have an average weight of around 992 lb i.e. 450 kg.
- Learn more: How Much Do Polar Bears Weigh
Male Polar Bear Height
- The male polar bear height when it stands on all of its four legs is 1 to 1.6 meter i.e. 4 to 5.3 feet.
- The male polar bear height when it stands on its hind legs is about 2.4 to 3 meters which 5.9 to 9.8 feet.
- Learn more: How Tall is a Polar Bear
Male Polar Bear Length
- The length of a male polar bear ranges from 2.0 – 2.6 m i.e. 79 – 102 inches.
- When length is measured form nose tip to tail tip it can reach upto 2.85 meters.
How Big is a Female Polar Bear – Female Polar Bear Size
Female Polar Bear Weight
- The weight of a female polar bear weight is almost half of the weight of male polar bear.
- Normal average weight of a female polar bear ranges from 330-550 lbs i.e. 150– 250 kg.
- Female Polar bears weight can increase upto 1100 lbs i.e. 500 kg during pregnancy.
Female Polar Bear Height
- The male polar bear height when it stands on its hind legs is about 1.8 to 2.4 meter i.e. 5.9 to 7.8 feet
Female Polar Bear Length
- The length of a female polar bear ranges from 1.8 – 2.1 m i.e. 71 – 82.6 inches.
- When length is measured from nose tip to tail tip it can reach upto 2.47 meters.
How Big is a Baby Polar Bear – Baby Polar Bear Size
- A baby polar bear is about 24-30.5 cm long when measured from nose to tail base.
- Newborn polar bear cubs weigh around 1.3 lbs i.e. 0,6 kg.
How Big can a Polar Bear Get – Full Size Polar Bear
- A polar bear can reach up to a shoulder height of 1.6 meters (5.3 feet).
- When standing on its hind legs the polar bear can reach upto a height of 3 meters (9.8 feet)
- Its weight can reach upto 1450 (658 kg).
- It length can reach upto 2.6 meter (102 inches)
How Big is the Biggest Polar Bear
- The biggest polar bear ever recorded was in 1960 which was 3.9 meters tall and weighed around 2,209 lbs i.e 1,002 kg.
Polar Bear Size Compared to Human
Polar Bear Size Comparison
Learn more: Polar Bear Facts
How Big is a Polar Bear – Polar Bear Size